Friday, August 28, 2009

Hot Summer Days

Today I found a patty-pan squash developing nicely. Alas, it had rotted in place on the vine! I spotted a couple more female blossoms amidst the many male blossoms, but also saw some bad caterpillars. The plants themselves seem to be suffering from squash bugs. Very disappointing.

The butternut squash has a few more fruits ripening, and several blossoms, too. That has been a deliciously successful crop. The okra is producing like crazy. If there's one thing we do well in the hot and humid south, it's grow okra! The green beans are coming in steadily. There are three good-sized Cherokee Purple tomatoes with a blush of red on them. I'm really looking forward to a little encore by them! Surprising, but there are still a few blueberries coming in.

I picked up 3 eggs today, 4 yesterday, 3 and 2 in the days before that. Seems like my girls are getting back on track. I really do believe they got dehydrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment