Monday, November 16, 2009

Bye, bye, birdies!

The ducks have a new home!  My friend, Betsy, has prepared a duck habitat at her house, complete with bathtub swimming hole.  Today, after our music practice, she and I secured the ducks in the "safe" zone of the chicken yard, got them into a dog crate (easier than expected), and loaded them into the back of her car.  I hope they have a successful transition.

I'm a little worried about the two young barred rock hens that share the chicken yard with our original nine dominickers.  Without Elvis to keep everything in order, the young girls have definitely taken a place at the bottom of the pecking order.  They've been hanging out with the ducks since we first brought them all home in early July.  I hope they're not bullied too much now that their body guards are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment