Monday, August 25, 2014

This looks like a day for … SALSA!

Look at this pile of produce! I thought I would can a bunch of tomatoes, but you're not supposed to can fruit that has cracks and blemishes. I have very few "perfect" tomatoes. So, I looked at what was available … tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, roasted chile colorado … and decided to cook up a batch of Fiesta Salsa.
All ingredients chopped and ready for the pot

Red AND Yellow tomatoes were used

Fiesta Salsa and Spicy Tomato Juice
The yellow tomatoes contribute to a more orange color

I cooked down all the cherry tomatoes and the tomatoes that were left after preparing the salsa, strained out the skins and seeds, added salt and hot pepper seasoning, simmered for 5 minutes, and canned the resulting delicious tomato juice.

Refer back to my post dated July 30, 2010 for the Fiesta Salsa recipe.
(PS … I didn't have any fresh marjoram this year. I skipped it.)













No comments:

Post a Comment