Sunday, September 21, 2014

"Lettuce" Make You Smile!


This morning I did what I did not want to do. I picked all the last minute little green tomatoes and cleaned out the tomato bed. Fried green tomatoes must have been invented this time of year.



THEN ... I filled that bed back up with the makings of our future salads!

  • Arugula, aka Rocket
  • Green Romaine lettuce, Winter Density
  • Green Bibb lettuce, Buttercrunch
  • Mesclin Mix lettuce
The cherry tomatoes were the next to go. I hate to see it happen! But in their place I planted salad turnips. It's a bit late, but there should be just enough time to get a batch in before frost. The roots are a bit like radishes … less spicy and more turnip-y, of course. Plus, the greens are delicious and nutritious!

No comments:

Post a Comment