Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Green Smoothies

I know they're not for everyone, but I personally love a green smoothie. And I prefer them on the savory side. Don't be mixing sweet fruit juice with my veggies! Rouse the Spouse is right on when he calls my concoctions liquid salads.

I thought today's version was delicious. Wanted to get the ingredients down for future reference.

Toss all of this into a blender ...

Start with the green stuff:
2 cups packed spinach leaves

Add something for creaminess:
1/4 avocado
1 tablespoon ricotta cheese

Add enough liquid to mix well into a drinkable solution:
5.5 oz V-8 juice (one individual serving can)
about the same amount of chicken broth

Extras for flavor:
1 tablespoon chopped shallot
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
salt / pepper to taste (if you use chicken bouillon, skip the extra salt)


  • Blend well.
  • Pour into a tall glass.
  • Feel good about treating yourself to all that green goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment