Friday, April 16, 2010

April 15 - One of my favorite days!

What a busy week!  April 15 is the annual tax deadline, which translates into a lot of bookkeeping work.  A necessary evil.  What I like to focus on, though, is that April 15 means no more danger of frost.  Time to seriously get into the garden!

Yesterday I planted two rows of Blue Lake Pole Beans and three rows of Jade Bush Beans.  I thinned one row of beets, adding the baby greens to my salad mix.  I sowed more seed in the holes where squash seeds planted earlier seem to have failed to germinate.

Today, Rouse helped me put up a string trellis for the sugar snaps to climb on.  I planted one row of Lek's Long Pole Beans right down the middle of the sugar snap bed.  I figure they'll climb up the spent peas when the time comes.  I'm always looking for efficient use of space in the garden!

I pulled up the rest of the fall spinach and made a wilted spinach salad for supper tonight.  Dressed with hot bacon vinaigrette and topped with fresh hard boiled eggs, it was very tasty.  We still have enough cut spinach for another meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment