Thursday, February 2, 2012

Groundhog Day

Phil Groundhog of Punxsutawney, PA, saw his shadow at 7:25am under mostly cloudy skies and temperatures in the low 30s.  According to folklore, this means there will be 6 more weeks of winter.  Just as well ... we haven't had much of a winter here, yet.

Today is a glorious, sunny, blue-sky sort of day with temps in the mid 60s. I went out at 9:00am in my shirt sleeves to pick the garden.  There's plenty of green stuff to pick out there!


Although the central stalks of the broccoli are long gone, the plants are producing enough side-shoots to enhance an omelette or quiche or pot of potato soup.


And the greens are fabulous!  This morning I was thinking 'salad'.  I cut baby spinach and arugula to mix with the tender beet greens I recently picked up from our local farmer.  Time for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment