Saturday, June 28, 2014

It's Cukes and Beans right now

The cucumbers are really starting to produce. I trellised the long cucumbers … the thin-skinned Asian variety, as well as the American long cucumbers. I love the result! The fruits are hanging free, allowing them to grow perfectly straight.

The pickling cucumbers are growing well, too. I have a large jar of refrigerator pickles "cooking" in the 'fridge. It's so easy to make these pickles. Why not start a jar yourself, today? Refer back to my previous post of July 7, 2013 for the recipe: http://sueisinthegarden.blogspot.com/2013/07/sweet-pickles.html

I've been picking jade bush beans daily. They are so tasty! The edamame has pods, with beans growing fatter by the day within. The "garden of eden" Italian flat beans and the "rattlesnake" pole beans are maturing. We will soon be enjoying a delicious variety of green beans!

No comments:

Post a Comment