Saturday, July 11, 2020

Coffee First ... then the Garden

It's July, and it's hot and humid. When it comes to garden chores, the best plan is an early morning plan. As soon as I get up, I pour myself a big steaming cup of coffee. That's right ... it's already brewed and waiting. Rouse the Spouse spoils me that way :-)

Properly fortified, I head to the garden. The blueberries are coming on strong. The prolific green beans (rattlesnake pole beans and jade bush beans) were picked yesterday, but the beets need to be harvested today. A few cucumbers hide under their vines but cannot escape my eagle eye. It's a race with the sun. As soon as it peeks over the trees, it's quittin' time!

This morning, Rouse the Spouse did the blueberry picking. I pulled the beets and did the initial clean and sort of the roots and greens.
Then, into the kitchen to prep and cook (under pressure) the beets and yesterday's green beans. Then, prepare a batch of blueberry jam. Ooooh! The larder is looking better every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment