Friday, June 4, 2010

I Understand the Appeal of Using Seven Dust

I cut two cabbage heads.  There's still one left in the garden.  It resembles swiss cheese!  The cabbage worms have really done a number on it.

The zucchini is coming on strong.  I'm picking several good-sized fruits daily.  The yellow squash shows plenty of promise, with one or two fruits coming off daily, and lots of babies developing ... too bad two of the plants keeled over today.  Please tell me it's not the dreaded squash bug!

One of the two Japanese eggplants bit the dust.  I don't think I'll replace it.  I applied Safer Soap to fight back the flea beetles on the remaining three eggplants.  Geez!  It gets to be expensive eggplant!  Past eggplant yields have not been impressive.  So much trouble ... so little reward.  That's why I was reluctant to try it again in the garden, but I just couldn't help myself.  I love roasted eggplant ... grilled eggplant ... eggplant in my ratatouille!  This year may be my last attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment