Sunday, May 30, 2010

Leggo my Egg-o, Snake-oh!

I went into the hen house to collect eggs before leaving to go to Sunday dinner at Rouse's parents' house.  There to greet me as soon as I opened the door was our friendly black snake.  I'm sure he was looking for his next good meal.  Instead, he got stuffed into a bag and relocated to the other side of town.

I hollared, "Black snake in the hen house!"  (I've gotten quite good at hollaring that.)  Rouse came running.  By the time he got there, the snake had retreated under the nesting boxes and was climbing up the wall behind them.  Rouse grabbed the snake by the tail and pulled him out into the yard.  Andrew had run into the house to get a paper grocery bag.  After a few attempts, Rouse got the snake stuffed into the bag.

We took the snake to Sunday dinner. Rouse's dad, Noah, entertained the crowd with his snake charming skills.  He looked into the bag, reached in, and pulled the snake out head first.  The snake was fairly calm.  The only thing that gave away the stress he was under?  He vomited up the entire egg he had eaten earlier!

No comments:

Post a Comment