Monday, June 18, 2012

New roo crows for the first time in his new home

Our young rooster must be feeling pretty comfortable in his new digs.  He got the granddog all riled up this morning with his crowing.

I was getting ready to dash off to yoga class.  Grayson, the granddog, was relaxing in the family room.  All of a sudden, he jumped up.  The hair on his back was standing on end.  He growled.  He went to the back door, itching to get out.  I opened the door.  Then I heard it.  A weird, loud sound ... a short, bleating, bawling sound.  I was afraid it might be a fawn separated from its mother.  I told the dog to "wait" while I put on my shoes.

The sound was coming from the barn area.  We slowly made our way in that direction.  I stopped and listened again.  Strange!  Then one more time ... and I heard the distinctive cadence of a rooster's "cock a doodle doo".  He has declared, "I am the boss!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment