Thursday, June 14, 2012

What a glorious morning!

Temps in the mid- to upper- 50's with low humidity.  It's a pleasure to work in the garden under these conditions.  I found plenty to do.

  • The sugar snaps have exhausted themselves.  I picked the last few pods and removed the tangled plants from the bed, creating a little elbow room for the adjacent edamame plants.
  • I checked the edamame for pests.  There are still a few kudzu bugs to remove each day.  Something besides the kudzu bug is eating the edamame leaves and leaving little black feces.  I suspect a worm, but I couldn't find one.
  • Cross-striped cabbage worms have begun to eat holes in the kale.  I harvested the nicest remaining leaves, then pulled the rest up.
  • I picked zucchini, jade bush beans, cucumbers, banana peppers.
  • There are plenty of good-looking beets, but I didn't harvest any today.
  • The first batch of rattlesnake pole beans will be ready in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment