Monday, June 22, 2015

Flowers Mean Veggies

Come on pollinators!

Beautiful yellow cucumber flowers in a chaotic vine-y mess. Cukes can be difficult to locate! I've already picked a dozen and a half. The seasonal jar of refrigerator pickles is ready for consumption.



Pink-Eyed Purple-Hulled Peas - Good ol' southern peas! Wouldn't be summer without them. You can see baby beans beginning to form alongside the flowers.

Asian Long Beans - No flowers here, yet. These beans are interesting to look at, but not my favorite to eat. Nothing wrong with them. I just like my beans to have more actual "bean" on the inside. I do love to add them to a skillet of sautéd okra, though, when it needs to be stretched just a bit to feed a crowd. Rouse the Spouse made fun of the twine extensions I added to the cedar teepee to direct the vines to four different corner posts. Channeling GrandDad??




No comments:

Post a Comment