Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Transition Time

I picked the last scant handful of sugar snaps, then tore the plants out of the ground and threw them into the chicken yard. I planted two more rows of pink-eyed, purple-hulled field peas in their place. I already have two rows of the field peas along the edges of the raised bed. Looking forward to some good ol' southern peas!

I planted two rows of Kentucky Wonder pole beans in the place of my green onions. According to the Gurney's web site, they're one of "Grandma's Favorites", an old-fashioned variety, long on flavor--vigorous, rust-resistant and successful in all parts of the country. Kentucky Wonder Pole Beans produce enormous yields of straight and smooth 8- to 9-inch pods. A good all-around pick for processing. 67 DAYS. I chose them because they were the only pole bean seeds available at the feed and seed store!

There's a storm brewing. Sure hope it brings us some rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment