Monday, May 10, 2010

Peppers, Butternut Squash, and Baby Broccoli

I said that I was giving up on peppers, but I just couldn't resist trying a few varieties!  No bell peppers this year, though.  I've had no good luck with them in the past.  I've been told that hot peppers do better around here.  I'm trying one plant each of the following varieties:
  • Cubano - sweet
  • Cow Horn - pungent
  • Yellow Banana - mildly hot
  • Jalapeno - hot
I planted 5 hills of Waltham Butternut Squash. These produced well last year. With their sweet flesh and their long storage ability I consider this vegetable a definite do-again-er!

My broccoli is heading up.  We're experiencing very dry conditions, so I'm keeping the broccoli watered.  My mouth is watering in anticipation!

No comments:

Post a Comment